||Check out some of our A+ Talent
|Executive Support Specialist
||College educated Desktop Support Technician with 12+ years of professional excellence. I have worked for the school district, fortune 500 companies and consulting firms to provide superior technical support. Leveraged technical expertise to increase productivity based on the INTIL Business System Standard, organize company's infrastructure and inventoried IT and electronic equipment from an unorganized chaos to an orderly structured environment. My desire is to work within your IT department as a Desktop/ Deskside Support, otherwise Corporate IT Help Desk. I am a dedicated employee, work harder than the average member of staff, will be a valuable asset to the company, and looking to be recognized for my achievements. I am a self-starter, organized, detailed-oriented, disciplined individual that does not require direct supervision to complete task, get new projects started/ completed, or to get a group working efficiently together.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Reader
- MS Office Suite (95-2007)
- Internet Explorer
- Norton System Utilities
- McAfee Security Suite
- Symantec AntiVirus
- Trend Micro AntiVirus
- AVG Antivirus
- Partition Magic
- Cisco VPN Client
- Ahead Nero Burning ROM
- Easy CD Creator
- Palm Desktop
- Hot Sync Manager
- Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Microsoft Active Sync
- INTIL Business System Standard
- Microsoft CRM
- Mac OS 8.x- X.x
- Windows OS (3.1, 95, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista & 7)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Server 2003
- NT Backup
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Active Directory
- System Manager
- PC Management
- Twelve years building computers (Hardware) and Configuring the operating systems (Software) to my specifications and parameters.
- Thorough experience with Refurbishing Computers to Operational Status, loading new Operating System & Ghosting HDD,
- Networking Computer Terminals, and Configuring Small Network Stations (Pier-To-Peir using TCP/IP, IPX.XP, or NetBui Protocol).
- Setting up Network Laboratories, running Network/ Phone Cabling (CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6) and Terminating Drop Ports from Server Rooms.
- Configuration and setups of MDFs (Main Distribution Facilities), and IDFs (Independent Distribution Facilities).
- 17 years experience with Computer Hardware (Mother-Boards, Central Processing Units, Memory Modules, Storage Devices, Video Graphics Adapters, and Internal Computer Cabling).
- One year experience with Digital Phone Systems- tracing out phone lines, terminating & making cross connects to punch blocks.
- Self starter, organized, detail-oriented, disciplined individual that does not require direct supervision to complete task, get new projects started/ completed, or to get a group working efficiently together.
- Willing to go above and beyond the call of work duties.
- Able to work on a project afterhours until it is completed or able to reach a stopping point to maintain productivity and get ahead of the scheduled date.
||Desktop Consultant January 2006 – June 2009
Company A, Houston, Texas
IT Help Desk June 2005 – December 2006
- Provided Desktop Support to clients throughout the greater Houston and surrounding areas for various clients.
- Run Help Desk and provide Remote Desktop Support for clients through out the United States and Canada ranging from Desktop remote support to Admin level support. Network Support for users from 50-500 depending on the office and client. Light work with Exchange 2003 (Ver 6.5), medium to heaver work in Active Directory (Ver. 5.2), and Windows Server 2000 & 2003, other software suites such as Ghost for Data Back, Office 2000-2007, and various other misc software from Adobe Reader to Older Dos Based software for communication configuration (ATC200 Light Program).
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues to advanced network connectivity situations for business and residential clients. Network configuration/ settings such as TCP/IP protocol, DHCP, DNS, VPN Client, RDP connections, Telnet sessions, Network Port Scanning, Spyware/ Malware removal and preventions and AntiVirus (Symantec, Trend, AVG, etc) configuration, install, and maintenance.
- Address client’s issues in a timely and cost-effective manner based on INTIL Business System Standard.
- Resolved 5-30+ calls and situation/ issues per day.
Company B, Houston, Texas
Low Mid Standard Server Technician March 2003 – October 2003
- Provided Desktop/ Help Desk Support to all departments and offices throughout the United States INTIL Business System Standard.
- Responsible for installation & maintenance of the entire corporate PC hardware/software systems, MFPs and any electronics or technical devices.
- Maintained inventory on PCs, Printers (Terminal Services Client), and miscellaneous devices and supplies.
- Load Operating Systems, re-image HDDs on PCs, managed computer accounts through Microsoft Active Directory, maintain computer systems, and configured new users on the network.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity through the local offices and the United States. Mapping end-users to network drives and printers. Monitoring application and network servers for connectivity or outage related issues. Setup, wired, and migrated new offices, users, and PCs.
- Organized & managed IT Office equipment and IT Storage Room.
- Managed digital telephone system, networked & desktop printers, and all related technical devices.
- Provided Remote Support to field sales representative that were having difficulties connecting to the network. End-user support for wireless connectivity.
- Resolved 10-30+ calls and situation/ issues per day.
Company C, Houston, Texas
Contractor: Build Technician
Manufacturing Servers for Customer based orders and prototype orders for test.
Contractor: Button-Up Technician
Applying cosmetics to tested servers to be shipped out to customers or to be installed into a rack for businesses.
Contractor: SPU Packout Technician
Boxing computers, packing extra peripheral devices (i.e. mouse, keyboard, paperwork, manuals, etc.), and applying labels to boxes for correct contents and proper shipping route.
Contractor: Material Handler Technician
Receiving incoming Materials and transferring units and parts to and from shipping. Ordering parts for Builders, Button-up, Test and SPU Packout departments.
Creating memos, material log sheets, organizational forms, and maintaining material location.
Contractor: Deconfig Technician
Dismantling canceled servers and repackaging hardware & preparing server cases for future orders.
Contractor: Incoming Inspector Engineer
Inspecting incoming manufactured Back-planes (System Boards) & Cell boards (Memory/ CPU boards) for damaged or Non-Conform specifications at receiving warehouse.
Training new employees on how-to manufacture, build, and perform proper configuration of the servers for customer-based orders and proto-type orders to be tested and shipped.
Contractor: Rework Service Technician
Performing rework service on units with non-met regulation hardware and outdated firmware configuration.
Certified Builder Technician
Technical Service Representative, I/T Specialist June 2001 – March 2003
Company D, Houston, Texas
Tier 1 help desk technician for DSL Customer Self Install
Provided tech support 95% of the time to customers for first time installation of hardware and software for DSL Internet connection.
Assisting with hardware/ software installation, registration process, connectivity to the Internet, and e-mail accessibility. - Resolved 20-40+ calls per day.
Tri-Ops (Tier 1.5/ Level 2 CSI) for DSL Customer Self Install
Provided technical assistance 95% to Tier 1 technicians pertaining to installation of DSL equipment, software, registration, line issues, DSL connectivity situations, and tech installation request.
Resolved 40-50+ calls per day.
Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
Provided tech support 95% of the time for customers regarding operating system errors, software dilemmas, and hardware (computers/ printers/ scanners) issues.
Resolved between 20-40+ calls per day.
Provided services with sales in extended software and hardware warranties.
ORT (Open research Team/ Tier 2 help desk technician)
Provided 95% technical assistance to Tier 1 techs on operating systems/ hardware/ software procedures.
Resolved 40-50+ calls per day.
Jet Agent (Tier 3 research and callback Technician)
Provided thorough troubleshooting 90% of the time for unresolved/ ongoing issues with customer’s on a one-on-one basis either over the phone or by capturing the computer and working on it personally.
Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and Windows.
Resolved 5-20+ calls per day.
Assistant Web-Master, Intern I/T Specialist January 2001 – March 2001
Company E, Houston, Texas
Computer System Operator, Intern January 1998 – May 2001
- Created and maintained 40% of web-page templates for the company
- Office duties- created memos, filed paper work, run errands.
- Categorized image files for database and backup website files thorough use of Microsoft Office and Windows.
Company F, Houston, Texas
- Refurbished 80% of computers (PCs) for the company. Installed Operating Systems (Windows 95, 98 SE & 2000) and software applications on all of the terminals throughout the facility.
- Cut, terminated, and installed CAT5 cable to setup computer network and computer labs. Measured, cut, and installed conduit to house cabling throughout the company.
- Provided Desktop/ Help Desk Support for company for the duration of time.
- Mapping end-users to network drives and network printers. End-user support for network connectivity.
- Troubleshot between 15-40+ issues per day.
||Computer Science, Working towards Bachelor of Science August 2005 – December 2005, Houston, Texas
Studies focused in computer science and technical skills related to the IT industry and obtaining a Computer Science - Bachelor of Science.
Computer Science, Working towards Bachelor of Science August 2002 – May 2004, Houston, Texas
Completed basic college courses needed for Computer Science - Bachelor of Science.
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
Volunteer, Free-lance Photography Time to Local Choreography Studio, 2005-Present
Volunteer, Free-lance Photography Time to a Senior High School, 2006-Present
Volunteer, Boy & Girls Club, 2005-2007
Volunteer, Coordinate and Manage a Communal Kitchen at Bi-Annual Events, 2003-Present
Member, Texas Performers Association, 2003- Present
High School Achievements
Graduated with Honors, 2001
Jesse H. Jones Scholar, 2001
Texas Scholar, 2001
Audio/ Visual Coordinator, 1998-2001
Graduated with 4 Scholarships & 1 Grant. 2001
Computer System Operator, 1998-2001
Upward Bound Member (College-prep Program), 1999-2001
Vice-President for of graduating class for junior year, 1999-2000
JDA Professional Services, Inc. is a Houston-based IT staffing firm specializing in the recruitment of strategic-technical to executive-level IT professionals. We provide IT staffing solutions through full-time, contract, and project-based placements. Since 1981, we have been helping companies locate, attract, and retain the right IT candidates to build great IT departments while helping IT professionals find the right opportunities to advance their IT careers.
Please visit our web site
If you are interested in this skilled information technology professional,
please email James Del Monte
or by calling 713-548-5400.
|If you are interested
in finding other outstanding individuals to solve your IT
problems, click to see our list of A+
Candidates. You may also contact us, or for a specific
need, fill out our online request form.