||Check out some of our A+ Talent
||Senior level, technically proficient, goal-oriented Information Systems Manager and specialist with over 15 combined years of proven experience in systems administration, security administration, network management, support, storage administration with excellent troubleshooting and testing skills.
MS Exchange 5.5/2K/2K3
Sun Solaris 2.6/2.7/2.8
Red Hat Linux
Citrix 1.8/XP/PS 3&4
MS SQL 6.5/7/2K
| ||Skill-Security |
Cisco Pix Firewall
RSA Auth Mgr
Alert Logic IDS
||07/2005 – present
- In charge of the internal network and infrastructure of the main corporate office, as well as the disaster recovery site
- Direct report to the CIO
- Coordinated a team of system administrators for day-to-day operations, as well as special projects
- Microsoft-based shop, using Cisco, Dell, and EMC hardware
- Coordinated with developers in the deploying of new products, while keeping the existing environment secure and operational
- Directly responsible for: Windows 2003, Active Directory, Exchange 2003, Cisco devices (2950’s, 2960’s, 3500’s, 3550’s, 4507, Pix 515’s in a redundant/failover mode), disaster recovery site and software (XOSoft), System Monitoring (What’s Up Gold/Professional 2005/2006/ Alert Logic IDS), Blackberry Enterprise Server, VMWare GSX/ESX server and VMWare workstations, Antivirus/Anti-spyware, Veritas Backups, RSA Authentication Manager 6.0, and Altiris 6.x Notification Server and Deployment Server
08/2004 – 07/2005
01/2004 - 08/2004
- In charge of the internal network and infrastructure of the corporate office, as well as a consultant working on various projects
- Installed, configured, and documented a Citrix farm for a major web hosting company
- Performed an IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Audit for an oil and gas company
- Performed an IT security audit and penetration test for a medium-sized Houston business.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day IT operations for 3 Houston based companies, using Exchange 2000/2003, Windows 2000/2003 Server, SQL 6.5/7/2000, corporate backup solutions, corporate Antivirus solutions, system monitoring, and Cisco switches, routers, and PIX firewalls.
- Coordinated the purchase of new computer hardware and phone equipment for the purposed of moving the company to another location
- Directly responsible for: Exchange 2000/2003, WIndows 2000/2003 Server and workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows XP, Citrix 1.8/XP/PS 3/4, Cisco switches and routers, Cisco Pix firewall 501/506e, Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voice Mail (VOIP), MS SQL 6/572K administration and analysis, CRM, Microsoft MOM 2005, Microsoft Virtual Server 2005, Microsoft InfoPath form design, and SharePoint Portal Server administration
10/2000 - 01/2004
- Installed, configured, and secured an MS IIS 6.0 web cluster
- Provided administration for an Exchange 2003 cluster
- Provided desktop support for local and remote users for an oil and gas trading company, who used Windows 2000 and Windows XP for desktops and remotely signed in using Terminal Services and VPN
- Installed and configured Windows 2003 SBS for a church of about 45 users.
- Worked on a security project for a major international firm, securing their forest and OUs for government compliance
Senior Systems Engineer
10/97 – 10/2000
- Architected a network consisting of Windows 2K Adv Server/Professional with Active Directory, MS Exchange 5.5/2000, Windows NT4.0, and several SAN/NAS devices
- Webmaster, Postmaster, and architect in the design, configuration, and administration of a corporate office as well as a highly visible, high profile website.
- Installed and administered approximately 40 servers
- Configured DNS and DHCP for the office, as well as securing the servers and desktops from viruses, worms, and trojans
- Managed the desktop support environment, and supported remote users over the VPN
- At the production site and in the development site, mostly worked with Solaris 2.7/2.8, Redhat 6.2/7.0/7.1/72./7.3/8/9 and Mandrake 8.0
- Designed a secure site that was accessible 24/7 with extreme reliability. RESULT: no record of hacking or downtime due to systems failure.
- Used WebObjects applications on Solaris and Linux clustered servers, with Apache based web servers hosting about 70 websites
- Responsible for the security, reliability, and integrity of the software and hardware at both locations
- TOOLS: Jumpstart, rsync, wrote monitoring scripts in Perl and ksh to automatically send page messages if there were problems at any level of the website, Tripwire, Snort, ACID, Big Brother, Nessus SSH, and AIDE, MRTG, Veritas BackupExec, and Veritas Netbackup 4.5, and Veritas Volume Manager
- Some experience with Mac OS 9, OSX, and OSX server
Technical Solutions Consultant/Technical Analyst
- Manage, administrate, design, configure, and support various architectures for several companies. Recent projects include:
- A complete BackOffice implementation (MS Exchange, IIS 4.0, MS-DNS) for a medium sized company. The 6 month project involved configuring 5 MS Exchange sites and training approximately 150 people in MS Outlook training classes, configuring the web server to host 14 web sites, and fire walling the sites to protect against potential hackers, and redesigning the server network (including DNS, IIS, Proxy, PDC, BDC, and Exchange).
- Worked as a Unix system administrator for a major semiconductor company for 6 months in Austin, Tx. Duties included all the day to day functions of a system admin including: adding users, Mail, DNS, NIS, NFS, and mounting and unmounting directories
- Worked on project for Republic Industries, Inc. of Ft. Lauderdale, helping them to rollout 20 Microsoft-based servers (Compaq and Dell) to facilitate the separation of their divisions on the servers. Daily assignments included but were not limited to: Exchange Server 5.5 management, troubleshooting DHCP, DNS, and WINS issues, Seagate BackupExec 7.19 & 7.2 management, printer management, and RAS management.
- Provided move management for two medium sized companies
- Provided Lotus Notes support and supported Citrix Server for about 50 employees.
- Troubleshot HP and Aix issues involving routing, netmasks, and connectivity, and helped on a team of administrators to collectively manage the tape backup system using Legato.
03/92 - 10/97
Data Processing Systems Manager
- Troubleshot problems across the LAN and WAN
- Managed a team to maintain IBM RS-6000’s using AIX and OPENBasic
- Supported a customer base of 900 users and devices.
- Supported TCP/IP across the network
- Interfaced with senior management
- Implemented and maintained systems security
||Bachelor of Science - Telecommunications/Management Information Systems, University, Memphis, TN in May 1992.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet (MCSE+I). Working on SSA I and II,
Certified Network Expert (CNX), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CISSP, and CEH
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet
Securing Networks with Pix and ASA
Certified Ethical Hacker
Sun Solaris System Administrator I & II training
Troubleshooting with the Sniffer Analyzer
Ethernet Network Analysis and Troubleshooting
JDA Professional Services, Inc. is a Houston-based IT staffing firm specializing in the recruitment of strategic-technical to executive-level IT professionals. We provide IT staffing solutions through full-time, contract, and project-based placements. Since 1981, we have been helping companies locate, attract, and retain the right IT candidates to build great IT departments while helping IT professionals find the right opportunities to advance their IT careers.
Please visit our web site
If you are interested in this skilled information technology professional,
please email James Del Monte
or by calling 713-548-5400.
|If you are interested
in finding other outstanding individuals to solve your IT
problems, click to see our list of A+
Candidates. You may also contact us, or for a specific
need, fill out our online request form.